Kincardine County or Kincardineshire was a county on the eastern seaboard of Scotland. The county was sometimes referred to as ‘the Mearns’ and included the burghs of Banchory, Inverbervie, Laurencekirk and Stonehaven. Kincardine County Council was established by the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1889, taking over powers from the Commissioners of Supply, County Road Trust, and other local authorities. The County Council was abolished in 1975 by the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1973, and the former county became part of Grampian Region. In 1995 Grampian Regional Council was abolished and the area which constituted the former county of Kincardine is now in the present local authority area of Aberdeenshire Council.