Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts (Continental Congress)
Bridgewater was originally a plantation granted to Duxbury in Plymouth Colony. Settled as a community in 1650, it was incorporated in 1656, and as Bridgewater grew, the town was subdivided forming three new communities, North Bridgewater which became Brockton, West Bridgewater and East Bridgewater. The town of Bridgewater today is bordered by West Bridgewater to the northwest, East Bridgewater to the northeast, Halifax to the east, Middleborough to the south, and Raynham to the west. A suburb of Boston, Bridgewater is approximately 25 miles south of Boston and approximately 35 miles east of Providence, Rhode Island. Neighborhoods in Bridgewater include Stanley, Scotland Park, Pratt Town, Paper Mill Village, and South Bridgewater.