Hingham, Massachusetts Bay Colony
Hingham was first settled by English colonists in 1633 as a town in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and became part of the Province of Massachusetts Bay after its creation on 7 October 1691. Hingham was named after Hingham, Norfolk, and is known for its colonial history and location on Boston Harbor. It was in Suffolk County from that county's founding on 10 May 1643 until 20 June 1793 when Hingham became part of the newly created Norfolk County. Since 18 June 1803 Hingham has been in northern Plymouth County.